We are so excited to announce the return of in-person programming. Check out our current virtual and in-person offerings here, and stay tuned for details on upcoming events!
- October 2022San Diego, San Diego, CA, USABuild community while improving our community! Join us as we volunteer a shift with one of our partner nonprofit organizations and then head to happy hour after!
- November 2022San Diego, San Diego, CA, USABuild community while improving our community! Join us as we volunteer a shift with one of our partner nonprofit organizations and then head to happy hour after!
- December 2022San Diego, San Diego, CA, USABuild community while improving our community! Join us as we volunteer a shift with one of our partner nonprofit organizations and then head to happy hour after!
- Tentatively June 2024 pending COVIDIcelandChase the midnight sun in Iceland! Recent surveys suggest that more than half of native Icelanders believe in the existence of elves, and the otherworldly surroundings of Iceland’s natural wonders might make a believer out of you, too!
- Tentatively October 2024 pending COVIDSalem, MA, USAExperience autumn in America's Witch City! We will go beyond the tourist attractions to walk the footsteps of those accused of witchcraft in this seaside town while learning the history of Salem in the 1600s and the complicated religious and racial dynamics behind the infamous witch trials.
- Tentatively October 2023, pending COVID.New Orleans, LA, USAJoin us as we visit one of America's most haunted cities, New Orleans! On this trip, you will learn the history of the most infamous vampires, pirates, and ghostly happenings as we walk the cobblestone streets of the French Quarter and visit world-famous cemeteries and plantations.
Where should we go next? Email Randall@FernwehCollective.com with your ideas! Perhaps Asia? South America? The possibilities are endless!
Folklore & Myth in the
June 12-26, 2020
England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales
Spend two weeks exploring the folklore and mythology of the British Isles, taking in sites around England, Ireland, and Scotland. In England, experience the top tourist sites in London, including the British Museum, Big Ben, the Tower of London. Walk the footsteps of Jane Austen and Mary Shelley in Bath, and learn about the archaic mystery of the stones at the world famous Stonehenge. In Ireland, we will visit Dublin, Belfast, and travel the Irish countryside, learning tales of Fairies and lore from the locals. In Scotland, we will visit the Callanish Stones and try to catch a glimpse of Nessie at Loch Ness. Space is limited to 15 participants, so secure your spot today!
Intercultural Studies in Italy & Greece
June 6-18, 2018
Florence, Rome, the Vatican, Delphi region, Athens, Greek Islands Cruise
With ancient architectural ruins and vibrant cultural traditions, Italy and Greece have long been top destinations for history buffs, art enthusiasts, and pizza lovers alike.
Trace the footsteps of gladiators in the Colosseum and Greek philosophers in the Acropolis. Take in a variety of art, whether it’s Michelangelo’s masterpiece in the Sistine Chapel or a street vendor’s colorful rows of creamy gelato. Any way you slice it, these two countries have centuries of stories to share.